Ciao Roma! (Translation: where's the gelato?!)


Well this is it. Stop number one on my trip of a lifetime around Europe - Roma, Italy! It's been a bit of a countdown but now that I've left London, quit my job and packed my bags I finally feel like I can call myself a real adventurer! Rome is beautiful so far. Although it is a little shady in some areas I must admit! I think it's mainly just the men staring that little bit extra at the chest region and I guess I'm a little over cautious when I'm in new surroundings anyway. Either way, the gelato makes everything easily a thousand times better so I don't care about any of that! 


After a sleepless night and a long flight, I surprisingly wasn't ready to crash the second I saw my bed! Instead, I decided I had best get out and explore and where better to start than the Colosseum. I was so amazed at the gorgeous ruins, I honestly could not stop staring.  Let's be real, all I've really been doing is exploring and searching through little side streets for the best ghnocci and gelato in Rome! On my escapades I also ran into the Spanish Steps and the Fontana De Trevi. Unfortunately it was under construction and therefore took away a bit of its beauty, but it was still on my bucket list so I'm crossing it off none the less! 
Over all, Rome was beautiful and I will definitely can't wait to go back and explore the rest of Italy.
Here are some photo's from my trip:












All my love, Jem. x